As we’re heading into the warmer months, it’s important to prepare your home for the change in temperature.
Have a heating, cooling, or plumbing problem, but no time to wait for a repairman? Need a second opinion on an existing quote?
We’ll give you free advice about your question or problem. In many cases, you’ll get an estimate or the help you need during the video call.
Hello Spring! We're so happy to have you back. The snow has started to melt and warmer days are in our future, which means now is an ideal time to check on your HVAC system and plumbing (as well as a little spring cleaning)! We've gone ahead and created a convenient, printable checklist so you can ensure your HVAC system and plumbing are running efficiently. Below are a few tips that are included on the full checklist.
- Check smoke detector batteries. To ensure your smoke detector is functioning correctly, check the batteries and press the test button. You should hear a loud beep.
- Deep clean carpets and rugs. Even if you don’t have animals, dust and hair can still accumulate in your carpet and rugs. It’s important to deep clean them to maintain air quality in your home.
- Clean foundation vents. These vents are prone to collecting leaves and other debris, and there is no better time than the mild springtime to clean them, repair any damage, or replace them altogether.
- Check for leaks in appliances. Leaks can happen in any of your plumbing appliances. Check the hoses on your washing machine and dishwasher to ensure they are leak-free.
- Shower head vinegar soak. Shower heads are notorious for collecting mineral deposits, especially if you have hard water. A simple soak in a vinegar and water solution will help clear up the grime.
For access to an extensive list of Commercial Service's warm weather tips, check out the downloadable version of this checklist. It was conveniently designed to be printed so you can prepare your home for the warmer months ahead. After reviewing this checklist, if you would like a trained technician to inspect your HVAC system or plumbing, give Commercial Service a call at 812-339-9114 or schedule an appointment online.
Submit your email address to receive your checklist.